Free Agent Draft Poll continuecomment << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
noodles
Mon Jun 11 2012, 03:18a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

I've asked Bob (Bensalem) to send me links to the leagues he mentioned so I can look at the software.
Eagles
Mon Jun 11 2012, 07:50a.m.
Registered Member #11

Warrington is fine with current process.
rfick
Mon Jun 11 2012, 12:16p.m.

Here's a suggestion working off of Jerry's suggestion. You could set up two rounds a day, then the third pick of the round (often not used) could be first come, first served after the close of the second round (about 9 PM eastern).
Cliff
Mon Jun 11 2012, 01:54p.m.

NO weekends and no issue grouping 3 rounds when most not picking all three or else two a day is fine with me. Drastic chnages at this point seems foolish in the mddle of the draft.
noodles
Mon Jun 11 2012, 10:27p.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Great idea, Ralph.
Cliff, these changes would be put in place next year.
edm
Mon Jun 11 2012, 10:43p.m.

I'm fine with whatever is decided.
RatPack07
Tue Jun 12 2012, 03:17a.m.

Issue with 1st come - 1st serve after 9 PM is guys like
me (and likely my Brothers from across the Pond) are completely shut-off. I'm at work (evenings) and they're fast asleep dreaming about Tom Brady.....
rtosco
Tue Jun 12 2012, 04:07a.m.

I'm fine with current format and would be glad to draft during week-ends.
As Mike kindly pointed out, first come first serve is unmanageable for European guys.
rfick
Tue Jun 12 2012, 08:58a.m.

First-come, first-served would only be for a 3rd or 5th round. To date, only two players TOTAL, have been selected in those rounds and they were single selections in that round. In that rare case where you might find yourself in that situation, you could send a list to another owner. Perhaps we will see more use of those rounds coming up this week. Just a something to consider.
noodles
Wed Jun 13 2012, 03:12a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Ralph is right. I think we need to preserve some mechanism for those third and fifth round picks because some people, rarely, budget for those extra picks. I think a first come first serve extra round at the conclusion of a salary tier and before the scheduled end for late picks would work fine. As Ralph said, there are plenty of ways to get that pick in whether you live in Turin or Timbuktu.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF