KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: General League Discussions
Rating the 2011 KRFL Draft << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
srs131313
Mon Jun 04 2012, 09:53p.m.

OK, guys, read them and weep. Here is my evaluation of last year's KRFL draft. In the spirit of Jeff's series of draft critiques for this year, I wanted to look at the 2011 draft – one year later. However, I am more of an objective kind of guy – need numbers to back up my claim. How does one do that for someone like a draft???

Looking at the rankings assigned to each player by DKSports on the 2012 disk, I scored the 2011 draft as one would score a cross-country race. For those who never enjoyed the pleasures of cross-country, a race is scored based on the finish of each runner. The runner in first place gets one point, fifth place gets five points, seventy-sixth place gets 26 points, etc. Then the scores of the top five finishers from each team are totaled and the team with the LOWEST score is declared the winner. I used the same method for evaluating our draft.

Using the DKSports rankings (first column on sheet), I rank-ordered all the rookies. Then I took the aggregate score for the top five rookies from each team and this determined the "success" of each team's draft. The complete breakdown is listed under "2011 KRFL Draft Breakdown" under the League files/history/page 2. (It would not retain the formatting here).

Congratulations, Carolina – you earned bragging rights for 2011.

Steve/Inverness
mudvilles9
Tue Jun 05 2012, 08:36p.m.

How did Vancouver do this year?
Do you include traded for future draft picks in your analysis?
jbeyel
Tue Jun 05 2012, 09:00p.m.

No..future or unknown value has, well, no value...
rfick
Mon Jun 18 2012, 08:42p.m.

by the way, thanks for doing this Steve. I enjoyed it. Certainly a different method of evaluating the class.
noodles
Mon Jun 18 2012, 11:59p.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Thanks for rating me #2!!
rtosco
Sun Jun 24 2012, 03:23a.m.

Anxiously waiting for Barcelona draft rating... :-)

Thanks in advance,
Roberto

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF