KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: General League Discussions
Roster requirements rule needs revision << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
RatPack07
Fri Jun 22 2012, 12:03p.m.

The part of the roster rule that currently mandates teams have all position requirements
completed at close of FA Draft makes no sense with a full month of trading available once
FA draft is completed.

Secondly, we should be permitted to place claims after the FA Draft as an additional tool to
tweak our rosters, even if those claims are at the in-season rate of $500k/player.

Finally we should be able to drop (cut) players in the final month of the transaction period
(which does not close till 1st week of August)- even if those cuts come at the full remaining
contract value, as another way to bring our rosters in compliance.

During amendments, I tried to add the latter 2 points with my 1st come - 1st serve suggestion for this month & AFTER the in-season trade deadline, but almost everyone poo-pooed the idea.

Why must we be forced into having the perfect roster by June, with another month of trading yet and the season not starting for 3 months?
noodles
Sat Jun 23 2012, 01:37a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Mike,
You've got an argument here. Next spring, when we take up the amendment process, I would support eliminating roster and attempts requirements as long as we retain them as strongly advised minimums.

I can foresee problems with your other two ideas:

1. Opening up the Free Agent/Waiver wire after the FA Draft to coincide with the post-Draft trading period and
2. Allowing cuts of players including those under contract during the same period.

Right now, teams are free to make one for one trades with the additional $10m added to their salary cap and that seems sufficient and avoids yet another period of complicated administrative work. You'll need to make a more convincing argument for me to sign on.

While we're throwing out ideas about changes, personally, I enjoy defined periods of league inactivity where no business is done. My preference would be, and I will propose something like this, that after the FA Draft we close trading until mid-August so that we have a month and a half of vacation time where nobody needs to think about the league.

And while I'm thinking out loud, I expect to change the schedule of League Business next season so that the Amendment Process begins in early May and concludes with the end of the Rookie Draft in late May. That would allow us to address changes in the game engine and and discuss amendments when everyone is paying attention. It would also give us a 12-16 week break from league matters following the end of last season.

[ Edited Sat Jun 23 2012, 02:54a.m. ]
RatPack07
Sun Jun 24 2012, 02:50a.m.

Brother, you should run for Congress. They prefer to cram their work into 3-4 weeks, and then take a 12 - 16 week hiatus too! :-)

Keep in mind, cuts, claims or trades after the FA Draft would not be mandatory...... So if you want to sun your buns
all summer and not fret over your roster, no problem. Some of us might enjoy making moves, especially with NFL activity picking up starting in July.

It would be the best of both worlds, sort of like voluntary OTA's the NFL puts on.... :-)
noodles
Sun Jun 24 2012, 03:30a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

How dare you, sir? Have you no shame? Comparing me to a congressman! With that said, let us never ever bring the poison of politics into the game we all so love. So you know, my sunny buns are none of your beeswax.

[ Edited Sun Jun 24 2012, 03:32a.m. ]

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF