Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
rfick
Sat Jun 09 2012, 09:33a.m.

My 2 cents:
No draft on weekend.
Keep the current/new format.
I've missed my time slot a few times due to meetings, but it's moving the draft along rather well.
Jimbo0121712000
Sat Jun 09 2012, 09:43a.m.
Registered Member #21

I like Bay city's idea as its been tough for me with working all day. If it was split up into 2 rounds with more time oper selection a day it would be easier. I really do like the speed up on this for sure though.
Hawks
Sat Jun 09 2012, 10:41a.m.

The new format seems to work fine, despite the fact that work can sometimes interfere with my draft. LOL. I can understand owners wanting to have weekends free. Ideally I’d like to see us less dependent on the clock.

Most of the tasks that we are performing should be automated: drafting, trading/trade approvals, player contracts, etc. Steve (Inverness) and I work with two talented programmers. They have an interest in creating server-based fantasy sports software, which would facilitate task automation and reduce the burden of the manual process we currently use. I’ve already given them some “seed money” to spur their enthusiasm. I won’t ask for contributions from the league. They’ve informed me that some initial coding has already been done. I told them I’d like to beta-test early next year, which should give them enough time. My preference is to under-promise and over-deliver, so we’ll see. No promises, no guarantees. If it’s anything like their work products, I think the league will be more than satisfied. However, if the league were to decide that it prefers the current mode of operation, then I would be fine with that.

As far as a free agent auction is concerned, that would be more easily handled if it were automated and would be one of many options the league administrator would have. Whether KRFL would want to go in that direction should be put to a league vote.
noodles
Sat Jun 09 2012, 01:42p.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Some stats relevant to Jerry's idea of eliminating the final round of each salary tier:

Picks Made in the Concluding Round of A Salary Tier

$5m Third Round - 1 pick
$4m Third Round - 0 picks
$3m Third Round - 1 pick
$2m Fifth Round - 3 picks *
$1m Fifth Round - 3 picks *
$.5m Fifth Round - 7 picks *
$.3m Fifth Round - 5 picks *

[ Edited Sat Jun 09 2012, 01:43p.m. ]
RatPack07
Sat Jun 09 2012, 01:54p.m.

I'd be fine with Jerry's idea to drop the 3rd or 5th round of the respective Dollar Denominations, thus return to 2 rounds (max.) per weekday.

While the weekend would allow me to particiapte in the evening rounds, I really enjoy the break from the daily draft grind the weekend currently offers, so prefer not to add them.
Salem
Sat Jun 09 2012, 05:39p.m.
Registered Member #25

I assume dropping the 5th round of respective dollar denominations will happen next year, as I have already allocated money for 5th rounds coming up.
noodles
Sat Jun 09 2012, 05:59p.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Posted: Sat Jun 09 2012, 04:39pm
I assume dropping the 5th round of respective dollar denominations will happen next year, as I have already allocated money for 5th rounds coming up.

yes
Seahawker1976
Sat Jun 09 2012, 09:11p.m.
Registered Member #62

I like Jerry's idea as well. I couldn't afford to participate in the early rounds due to limited funds but it does become interesting when the majority of the teams have to do the same.
SW Florida
Sat Jun 09 2012, 09:23p.m.
Registered Member #17

I like Jerry's idea too insofar as eliminating the 3rd round of a specific dollar amount. I would also ask that we not pick on the weekends. I will if that's what the majority chooses but would prefer not to. I like the pace so far. While I have submitted some picks late due to work, I think this has worked out really well.

BTW, kudos to everyone in the league. This has been a really smooth draft even though we have implemented some new ideas. The guys that are volunteering their time to run this league and participating in the trade approval area are doing a wonderful job.
rsarce
Sun Jun 10 2012, 05:51a.m.
Registered Member #15

I believe that it would be impossible to come up with a draft that is timed so it would fit everyone's schedule perfectly. The way this process works seems to be the best fit for this league, and as for weekends I'm ok with it or without it. The biggest issue that I see is that there is no true mechanism for leaving a list if you know you will not be able to make your pick. I know that you can post your selections on the board and presume that it will be taken care of, but I prefer not to 'announce' my intentions for all to see. Might sound stupid, but that's how I feel. I am in a couple of leagues that actually have draft modules set up on their web sight where you can leave a list for as many players as you want, some of those modules even have conditions, such as CHOOSE 1 from group A, then CHOOSE 1 from group B. If we had the ability to do such a thing then the individual owners would have total control of how they want to participate. Since I'm sure everyone does some homework every evening anyway on the next days draft this would help immensely. There's my two cents........
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF