KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: General League Discussions
Trial Ballon - Draft Order << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
mark
Mon Dec 21 2020, 12:59p.m.
Registered Member #45

I like this idea. I think the only hitch is transitioning to, since teams have set themselves up for good draft positions.
Salem
Mon Dec 21 2020, 02:22p.m.
Registered Member #25

I need some time to think about this, but my initial thought is it devalues smart GMs and smart moves. We are all competing against each other. Shouldn't I be rewarded, and not punished, for making smart moves. If I draft a player in the 100k round, or pick up a 7th round rookie pick who does great - I get punished for those moves with lower draft picks - I am reading that correctly, right?

To me, that defeats the purpose.
mark
Mon Dec 21 2020, 04:44p.m.
Registered Member #45

Good point, Salem.
jonwolgamuth
Mon Dec 21 2020, 08:25p.m.
Registered Member #92

mark wrote ...

I like this idea. I think the only hitch is transitioning to, since teams have set themselves up for good draft positions.

Are we wanting to transition to a new way to select draft position right away? We could run the 2021 draft "as is", but Mark could crunch the numbers and reveal what the new draft order would have been using the new methodology so we can see what the difference would be. Then we could vote on it after the 2021 draft?
jonwolgamuth
Mon Dec 21 2020, 08:29p.m.
Registered Member #92

Mark, I like that we’re thinking about this and your idea sounds innovative and potentially curative.

I’m wondering if you could go back to the 2020 draft and crunch the numbers and show what the draft order would have been (and show the logic of how the new order was determined) and compare it to the order in which we actually drafted. I know that is work for you, but I, for one, am still kinda hazy on how the new system would work.
MarkB
Tue Dec 22 2020, 09:25a.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Salem wrote ...

I need some time to think about this, but my initial thought is it devalues smart GMs and smart moves. We are all competing against each other. Shouldn't I be rewarded, and not punished, for making smart moves. If I draft a player in the 100k round, or pick up a 7th round rookie pick who does great - I get punished for those moves with lower draft picks - I am reading that correctly, right?

To me, that defeats the purpose.

-------------------------------------------------

Fair point. I cannot disagree.

[ Edited Tue Dec 22 2020, 09:31a.m. ]
MarkB
Tue Dec 22 2020, 09:30a.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

jonwolgamuth wrote ...

Are we wanting to transition to a new way to select draft position right away? We could run the 2021 draft "as is", but Mark could crunch the numbers and reveal what the new draft order would have been using the new methodology so we can see what the difference would be. Then we could vote on it after the 2021 draft?

I’m wondering if you could go back to the 2020 draft and crunch the numbers and show what the draft order would have been (and show the logic of how the new order was determined) and compare it to the order in which we actually drafted. I know that is work for you, but I, for one, am still kinda hazy on how the new system would work.

>My intent would be to begin this for the 2022 drafts.
>I do not think I saved the initial league file before the 2020 draft. So I would have to recreate it, which can be done, then figure out what the draft order would have been.
Steelers
Tue Dec 22 2020, 06:52p.m.
Registered Member #100

Pittsburgh supports this rule change .....
noodles
Wed Dec 23 2020, 03:15a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

I concur with Des Moines' request for a commissioner created example of how this would work based on a recent season. That would give us something concrete to consider. I'm always, and always have been, in favor of the concept of parity so anything we can do to work towards that (unachievable) ideal is something I would support. I'm not sure if the potentially small benefit of this proposal is worth the extra work added to the commissioner's job so an example would be enlightening. What I do know is that I hate tanking.
Jimbo0121712000
Thu Jan 07 2021, 09:51p.m.
Registered Member #21

i would like to think about this also. I agree that I think teams throw the towel in a little to quickly in this league for some reason. Heck I remember thinking of not being sure why some teams that in my opinion had a better roster than me were having a fire sale. Im not proposing but just throwing ideas out there. maybe have a minimum salary floor you can't go below? Or only allow X amount of salary to be traded per season?
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF