Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2024 Season League Business
Feedback from you all << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
ChrisC
Sat Mar 30 2024, 09:56p.m.
Registered Member #123

I proposed to the league the salary rule. I proposed this 3 times now. I see that it failed. I am of the mindset to wonder and implore the league on why?

As a member here my concern is always to try to improve. To make things fair for you and I.

So I would like to know all the 16 owners that did not like it and what I can do to improve it.

The original intent was the same as the new player draft. To make sure that each step down was fair. As within any draft each position does get weaker.

Again and thank you all.
mark
Sun Mar 31 2024, 12:35p.m.
Registered Member #45

I think this system, more fair or not but would require following a spread sheet, the league is already complicated, plus it would favor the winning teams, since the draft later in each round.
I think I voted in favor, but there probably wasn’t enough/discussion on how this makes good sense for our league.
noodles
Thu Apr 04 2024, 02:27a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

I concur with CLE Mark. It would require a whole bunch of accounting and I worry about the extra burden being placed on the commish. As he also pointed out, the unanticipated consequence would be that last year's winning teams would be able to staff their squads with less expensive (albeit lesser) players maybe giving them an undesired advantage towards the future. That said, I think I also voted yes :)
Jimbo0121712000
Fri Apr 05 2024, 04:54p.m.
Registered Member #21

I think the rule is very interesting but my biggest thing was the change of salaries per round. For me I get it down to the .1 in cap space. This requires for me to know exactly what rounds I'm picking and how many players for that round. Things could get really complicating if I started making trades and had even more different amounts when I calculate things. Hope this kinda makes sense. lol
ChrisC
Fri Apr 12 2024, 06:49p.m.
Registered Member #123

Thank you all for the feedback.

Although the feedback is flawed.

1. So I guess it's fair that you take a player at the top of the round and the bottom of a round who is worse you pay the same. I am glad that I don't buy things with you all. That Steak is 25 dollars and I have one for 15. So you pay me 25 because you think it's fair.

2. Does anyone realize how spreadsheets work and how easy things are? When Mark put up the spreadsheet that would be updated as soon as the pick is made. Accounting issues. When did that happen when you have a spreadsheet that does the work? I am lost at reasons that defy logic.

3. How does a favor a winning team? Worse player worse pay.

With the prevailing feelings I will put forth a new rule next year making all the new player draft be the same. Since its fair,

As you can tell this is a bit testy to me. I like fairness and its not fair. Then again forward thinking eludes most of you.

If you want me to tender my resignation I will do that. I have run leagues I have been involved with other leagues for 40 years. I just like to make things better and fair to everyone.

If you don't know the round and what your picking that's scary.
mark
Sun Apr 14 2024, 11:04p.m.
Registered Member #45

Well, I hope you don’t resign. Change happens slow in this league. Which is good. My proposal failed as well.
Maybe applying your system to the upcoming draft as an example of its value would be good.
Jimbo0121712000
Sat Apr 20 2024, 01:40p.m.
Registered Member #21

I agree with Mark on that you should apply the system to this years draft so that everyone can see it. To be honest if I was just looking out for myself I would say yes to this chnage as I am typically picking near the end of rounds but I've always looked at it as this is how you make the more struggling teams better. The price of winning per say is that things get harder the more you win to create more parody in the league. Just look how sucky my rookie drafts have been the last few years. lol. The price of winning. lol. But I'm always up for discussion and always keep an open mind on new ideas.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF