Proposals for Increasing Incentives to Win << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
mark
Mon Mar 29 2021, 01:55p.m.
Registered Member #45

MarkB wrote ...

I enjoy it too, but it might help if it happened before the season, I don’t think our league mirrors the nfl in that regard. So to be able to situate your team to win by trading before the season isn’t hindering trading or your ability to GM. But it does get rid of a team declaring “I can’t win so i’ll trade”.
It’s ok that it doesn’t get support, but if tried for one season, I think we would find it works.

[/quote1617039129]
----------------
In the NFL, in-season trading is allowed up to week #8. But they operating in a different player salary system and so their are far fewer trades at the deadline. I do not feel further restrictions on trading are the solution if a problem exist. And I am not convince there is a problem.

I’m not convinced there is a problem either, but if you want to get rid of the “I can’t win so I’ll trade teams”, this would be a way.
Salem
Tue Mar 30 2021, 12:31p.m.
Registered Member #25

There are so few in season trades in the NFL, I would be fine having either a cap on trades during the season, or no trades at all.
mark
Wed Mar 31 2021, 12:28p.m.
Registered Member #45

Salem wrote ...

There are so few in season trades in the NFL, I would be fine having either a cap on trades during the season, or no trades at all.

Me too. In season trading is where this game breaks down into more of a video game.
BlackHillsChris
Wed Mar 31 2021, 08:34p.m.

Stopping trading earlier is tough on owners to build. Sometimes bad teams have to make trades in order to build back. Stopping that because of a percieved issue is bad.

Frankly there has been alot of ideas. I would agree to pass one if we were starting fresh. Since that will not happen. I will continue to vot against any of these changes.

I am behind the 8ball and being medicorce is just that. I had the worst team at one times and drafted 4th. Luck of the draw. So now I am in a slow build and taking away an option is not the right thing.
Salem
Wed Mar 31 2021, 10:49p.m.
Registered Member #25

I would just like to point out the top 5 teams in terms of draft order - Salem, Inverness, Kentucky, Bay City and Warrington - all of them made at least 1 trade before or during the season to make themselves worse. It is a smart move, because there is no incentive to win if you aren't a championship caliber team.

I will never understand why people do not see this as a problem.

There should be some sort of penalty for tanking. Instead - all 5 of these teams improved their draft position at no cost. In real life, if you don't win, you get hit with a penalty - people do not buy tickets. You lose money (or make less money). In the KRFL, it is in your best interest to be great or be terrible.

We need to incentive teams at the bottom not to trade away their best players who are Free Agents at the end of the year.
mark
Thu Apr 01 2021, 02:00p.m.
Registered Member #45

BlackHillsChris wrote ...

Stopping trading earlier is tough on owners to build. Sometimes bad teams have to make trades in order to build back. Stopping that because of a percieved issue is bad.

Frankly there has been alot of ideas. I would agree to pass one if we were starting fresh. Since that will not happen. I will continue to vot against any of these changes.

I am behind the 8ball and being medicorce is just that. I had the worst team at one times and drafted 4th. Luck of the draw. So now I am in a slow build and taking away an option is not the right thing.

mark
Thu Apr 01 2021, 02:02p.m.
Registered Member #45

mark wrote ...

BlackHillsChris wrote ...

I don’t think it would reduce your options on building a team, it changes the timetable by which you do it.
KRFL-BayCity
Thu Apr 01 2021, 02:09p.m.
Registered Member #12

I don't think further limiting in-season trading is an actual solution; but more of an additional contribution to the problem.... with in-season trading, people who are on the fence can play part of the season before deciding to go for it or give up.... removing trading eliminates those borderline teams and makes them choose before the season whether to try or give up; so in effect you are polarizing the league into 2 factions, those playing for a championship and those playing out the season....
mark
Thu Apr 01 2021, 02:45p.m.
Registered Member #45

KRFL-BayCity wrote ...

I don't think further limiting in-season trading is an actual solution; but more of an additional contribution to the problem.... with in-season trading, people who are on the fence can play part of the season before deciding to go for it or give up.... removing trading eliminates those borderline teams and makes them choose before the season whether to try or give up; so in effect you are polarizing the league into 2 factions, those playing for a championship and those playing out the season....

Could be. I wouldn’t mind trying it once, but I guess it’s just the nature of this league to have a trading frenzy, during the season.
Seahawker1976
Sat Apr 03 2021, 12:10p.m.
Registered Member #62

I wouldn't support something like this proposal.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF