KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2015 League Business
Final Version - Rule Change Proposal #1 (Rule 5.1 - Draft Order) << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
MarkB
Sat Apr 11 2015, 09:48a.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

CURRENT RULE: 5.1 All non-playoff teams will be ranked on the following tie-breaking factors:
a. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs)
b. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division
c. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games
d. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference
e. Strength of victory
f. Strength of schedule
g. Best net points in common games
h. Coin toss

PROPOSED RULE:
Determination of Draft order for KRFL teams is based on the record and playoff finish by each team in that year. The selection order is based on each team's win-loss record in the previous season and whether the team reached the playoffs. Teams that did not reach the playoffs the previous season are ranked in reverse order of their records (so the team with the fewest wins is awarded the first selection). Ties between teams with identical records are determined by the following tiebreakers (in order):
1. Higher Strength of Victory percentage as calculated in the Action PC game, which is the combined winning percentage of the opponents a team has beaten, is awarded the earlier pick.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games against common opponents is awarded the earlier pick.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in Conference games (if the teams are in the same conference) is awarded the earlier pick.
4. Winner of a coin flip(s), administered by the Commissioner, is awarded the earlier pick.

Teams that reached the playoffs the previous season are then slotted in the order in which they were eliminated (1st round of playoffs, 2nd round of playoffs, Conference Championship, Superbowl). Within each tier, the slotting is determined as above (i.e. worst record picks first and the same tiebreakers apply).

EXPLANATION:
Use strength of victory to break ties, similar to the NFL rules, and in general simplify the tie breaker system. The current system is difficult to understand and not written well. Plus, lets do it like the NFL does as the ACTION PC game calculates Strength of Schedule. In #1 I am proposed "higher" not "lower" incentivize team to do everything they can to win games against better teams. Again, not that I think we have a problem, but I think it is a good league philosophy. The current draft lottery system for the first four picks would continue to be used.
noodles
Sun Apr 12 2015, 03:55a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Support
PapaBear53
Sun Apr 12 2015, 04:08p.m.

I agree
Inverness
Mon Apr 13 2015, 04:26p.m.

Support
Petro125
Mon Apr 13 2015, 10:20p.m.

Support
KRFL-BayCity
Thu Apr 16 2015, 06:29a.m.
Registered Member #12

support....
Eagles
Sat Apr 18 2015, 09:17p.m.
Registered Member #11

Warrington supports the change
rfick
Sun Apr 19 2015, 12:23p.m.

The current KRFL rules mirror the NFL rules. They were put into place so as to mimic the NFL as close as possible.

I oppose this rule change.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF