Proposed Amendment No. 5 << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: noodles, KRFL-BayCity, mark, MarkB
Author Post
edm
Tue Apr 01 2014, 11:32a.m.

Impacted Rule: 8.3
Explanation:
Why not have all waiver claims put back in the draft pool the following year? The NFL doesn't get to see what a player will do for their team the following year when they sign them off the street. We currently get to the trade deadline to see the following year stats. For example a returner gets 2 punt return TD's and all of a sudden several teams want him for the following year and not the year we are playing. We had our chance for these type of development guys during our draft.

Old Rule:
8.3 - After the first week of play only, Waiver Claim Free Agents will be awarded based on the previous season's standings, with the poorest team drafting first, etc. After the second week of play, Waiver Claim Free agents will be awarded based upon each teams current:

a. winning percentage
b. head-to-head
c. division wins
d. conference wins
e. net points
f. power rankings

New Rule:
8.3 - After the first week of play, Waiver Claim Free Agents will be awarded based on the previous season's standings, with the poorest team drafting first, etc. Contracts are only for the current season. All Waiver Claim Players will become free agents at the end of the KRFL season.
mark
Tue Apr 01 2014, 12:13p.m.
Registered Member #45

Thanks Ed, I like this rule you are suggesting.
noodles
Tue Apr 01 2014, 12:52p.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Just a tweak:

Have 8.3 read
After the first week of play, Waiver Claims will be awarded based upon the year's draft order. Contracts are only for the current season. All Waiver Claim Players will become free agents at the end of the KRFL season.

Salem
Tue Apr 01 2014, 01:40p.m.
Registered Member #25

Looking for and finding waiver players is one of my favorite things to do. I would hate to lose that. I would vote no on this.
MarkB
Tue Apr 01 2014, 04:14p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Salem wrote ...

Looking for and finding waiver players is one of my favorite things to do. I would hate to lose that. I would vote no on this.

----------
Agree with that point also.
hmmmmm......Vote yes on Proposal No. 2 or Proposal No. 5?
That is a tough call. I need to ponder it some more.

rfick
Tue Apr 08 2014, 09:06a.m.

I too, would vote no on this.
mark
Tue Apr 08 2014, 12:30p.m.
Registered Member #45

If waivers are a way of finding talent for the future, I propose that this is all on a public thread so we can all see and have an opportunity to claim that player. That is if we have a simple way of determining the waiver order, which should be once you make a claim you go to the back of the line. I think we should do waiver claims simply based on draft order.
mark
Tue Apr 08 2014, 12:36p.m.
Registered Member #45

I don't think that it's good for this league that a top TE land on a top 4 team. And if a claim is public and others have chance to review and decide on that player with a relevant claim order it might work better.
MarkB
Tue Apr 08 2014, 02:51p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

mark wrote ...

I don't think that it's good for this league that a top TE land on a top 4 team. And if a claim is public and others have chance to review and decide on that player with a relevant claim order it might work better.

In no other league I am in are free agent requests made public prior to the teams being awarded the free agent. Making free agent claim requests public before they are effective means an owner who puts the work in and finds a possible free agent "gem" could end up doing the work for others. An owner putting in the time to find the player should not lose the player to someone else solely because the other owner saw the player on a public list.
Inverness
Tue Apr 08 2014, 04:19p.m.

Concur with Mark B.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF