Moderators: noodles, KRFL-BayCity, mark, MarkB
Author Post
noodles
Mon Mar 31 2014, 01:21a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Impacted Rule: 8.3
Explanation:
This rule also needs to be changed because it is not working as intended. The idea behind it is that weaker teams should be given waiver priority but that is not how it has worked. One example should suffice: TE Julius Thomas of Denver became a hot commodity early in the past season after becoming a favorite target of Peyton Manning. There were three waiver claims made on him, two by teams who failed to make the playoffs in the previous year, and one by the loser of the KRFL Super Bowl. As the rules are written, the Super Bowl team was given preference in acquiring the player. My fix is simple.

Old Rule:
8.3 - After the first week of play only, Waiver Claim Free Agents will be awarded based on the previous season's standings, with the poorest team drafting first, etc. After the second week of play, Waiver Claim Free agents will be awarded based upon each teams current:

a. winning percentage
b. head-to-head
c. division wins
d. conference wins
e. net points
f. power rankings

New Rule:
8.3 - Waiver Claims throughout the season will be awarded based upon the year's draft order.

MarkB
Mon Mar 31 2014, 12:15p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

This is OK with me.
mark
Mon Mar 31 2014, 12:31p.m.
Registered Member #45

much better....

Cleveland

edm
Mon Mar 31 2014, 07:00p.m.

I'm not a fan of being able to sign a guy on the cheap after the season starts for the following year/years and not really planning on using them for the year we are playing. Julius Thomas is a great example. Why not have all waiver claims put back in the draft pool the following year? The NFL doesn't get to see what a player will do for their team the following year when they sign them off the street. We get to the trade deadline to see for example a returner get 2 punt return TD's and all of a sudden several teams want him for the following year and not the year we are playing. We had our chance for these type of development guys during our draft. Just my thoughts about waiver claims.
MarkB
Mon Mar 31 2014, 09:13p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

hmmm... I see Ed's point. I think either the new proposal or what Ed is saying is better than the current rule.
mark
Mon Mar 31 2014, 09:34p.m.
Registered Member #45

Ed, You need to put that in rule language.
noodles
Tue Apr 01 2014, 02:26a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Agree with Mark that Ed's idea is solid.
Ed, please make a formal amendment proposal.
KRFL-BayCity
Thu Apr 03 2014, 11:44a.m.
Registered Member #12

I think the point of the Super Bowl runner-up is irrelevant.... that team could easily have lost 10-15 starters due to expiring contracts and been nowhere near the team they were....

I would propose using last year's record for the first 4 weeks, then by current record for the rest of the season.... as the Salem owner eloquently said, searching for the waiver wire gems is akin to someone who likes the draft, or someone who prefers trades; everyone has their own preference for searching for players....
edm
Thu Apr 03 2014, 04:57p.m.

I'm in several leagues and this is the only league you can pick up a player midway though the season and add them to your roster permanently. Maybe some like that. I just think it's wrong.
Inverness
Sat Apr 05 2014, 07:15a.m.

What if we use the game's Power Rating to decide waiver order after the first week??
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF