KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: General League Discussions
[moved] Trading Future Picks- what's the rule? << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
RatPack07
Thu Feb 11 2010, 12:39a.m.

I'm reviewing 2009 Trades to develop a feel for KRFL values, and note trades for picks in upcoming & following year's draft.

Is that the limit? Nothing in the rulebook on this, so if 2 years (or what ever time frame) is the longstanding policy it would be especially helpful to newcomers like myself if was added to the rules.

noodles
Thu Feb 11 2010, 04:01a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

I didn't know we could even trade draft picks more than one year down the road. Clarification is need. Since we have a 20% member turnover, I don't think any future draft pick trades should be allowed more than one season.
RatPack07
Thu Feb 11 2010, 08:07a.m.

For clarity, when I referenced "2 years" I meant the next 2 drafts.

Examples: The Tony Romo trade last April (I think it was) involved 2009 & 2010 rookie picks, while the Bay City - Canton blockbuster during the season involved 2010 & 2011 rookie draft picks.

[ Edited Thu Feb 11 2010, 08:30a.m. ]
rfick
Thu Feb 11 2010, 08:47a.m.

correct, that is the limit, upcoming draft and the next. Also for clarification, we are in a no trade period currently. No restrictions on talking, but no trading until after initial cut down, which will be early/mid march.
RatPack07
Thu Feb 11 2010, 08:52a.m.

Related to the topic, a quick direct link to the Draftboard that shows who owns what picks would be helpful. I found a 2010 Draftboard under the Misc. Files link but did not see a 2011 Draftboard. I think they deserve more prominence.

While we all should be keeping one on our own, reality is many coaches don’t. From newcomers to trade committee members who need to sign off on trades, quick direct access to upcoming & following year’s Draftboards lessens the chance of errors, and is just more helpful all around.
rfick
Thu Feb 11 2010, 09:02a.m.

There's one in the yahoo group, under files. I need to check that, I thought it was the most current but it might not have the trades of the very last week included. I will check this evening.
RatPack07
Sun Feb 14 2010, 05:51a.m.

Excellent!

I think the trading of draft picks policy should be included in the rules during the next update, so everyone is aware, including prospective coaching candidates. (I was not aware until I researched last year's trades.)

Also, both draftboards should be posted, upcoming & following year's draft. Less liklihood of confusion over who owns what picks.
noodles
Sun Apr 29 2012, 11:53a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

bump
pittsburgh24
Thu Aug 23 2012, 04:18p.m.

So what is the rule on this?? Can we trade our 2013 and 2014 draft picks as of right now?
noodles
Fri Aug 24 2012, 03:10a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

This is why we have a 24 page rule book that keeps expanding, because someone will always find some wrinkle or loophole. :) It's late here so I don't have an easy answer but will post tomorrow with a ruling unless some other veteran recalls the protocol for this.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF