Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: General League Discussions
Free Agent Draft Poll continuecomment << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
mudvilles9
Fri Jun 08 2012, 10:13a.m.

I voted but did not see where to leave a comment. Im ok with the way its going so far. My major complaint is that we dont draft on the weekend. Rushing thru the draft 5 days a week and then stopping on the only two days I actually have time really get into it is really frustrating.
I am at work M-F and it is really hard to be at my desk at the exact time to check who has been taken and then submit my pick in 10 minutes. I have a list and go through it so I am as prepared as I possibly can be.
Why dont we utilize the weekends to pick? What is the reason we dont draft on Saturday and Sunday?

Dennis
Vancouver
noodles
Fri Jun 08 2012, 12:24p.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

I don't know why we don't pick on the weekends. I have no problem with doing so.
jbeyel
Fri Jun 08 2012, 12:35p.m.

Opposite of some, weekends are precisely the time I hate drafting! i coach baseball all summer long and am not even home much of the time on weekends..aaaaggghhhhhh!!!!
Salem
Fri Jun 08 2012, 12:40p.m.
Registered Member #25

I do appreciate that we have sped up the draft, but this seems a bit too fast for me.
srs131313
Fri Jun 08 2012, 02:50p.m.

Auction draft..........................
mudvilles9
Fri Jun 08 2012, 02:58p.m.

I guess what I am trying to say is, Why dont we draft on the weekends ALONG with the week.
I am looking for an answer on why we dont draft on Saturday and Sunday???
Cant we add the weekends and remove off one round a day?
My draft times are scheduled for when I am at work except for the 3rd pick of the day in which I am in tansit...A one hour drive to my home.

[ Edited Fri Jun 08 2012, 02:58p.m. ]
mark
Fri Jun 08 2012, 03:59p.m.
Registered Member #45

NO Auction......that would be rotissari style. i like the draft the way it is. Even if we go back to the longer version. What ever works best for the most. In the end it doesn't matter if it takes longer or not. I think we should definitly consider the people who are at work and what works best for them.
BarryB1124
Sat Jun 09 2012, 12:32a.m.

I wondered why the weekends were not utilized as well, Being fairly new, I did not want to say much. But weekends would make sense.
noodles
Sat Jun 09 2012, 02:17a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Thanks for the discussion so far. I'm trying to get a sense of the broad needs of the membership before trying to locate the best compromise. As everybody knows, the draft is a difficult thing to schedule because we have so many members spread across so many time zones, 9 to be exact, from Seattle to Italy. I can think of no better time to have this discussion about next year's draft than now when we are all involved and the problems are at the front of everybody's minds. Here's where we stand so far.

After a trial run of my plan, the consensus is that shortening the FA Draft is still a good thing but there are some bugs to work out. Most prominently, on multiple round days, the 10-15 minute window for choices is too short, especially for those with tight work schedules.

We have three ideas that have been proposed, each with their own problems:

1. Mark (ALA) and Steve (INV) propose that we move to an auction system.
2. Jerry (BAY) suggests that we eliminate the third round through the first few salary tiers.
3. Dennis (VAN) thinks we should add weekends to the draft schedule.

Keep your comments and ideas coming.
KRFL-BayCity
Sat Jun 09 2012, 07:54a.m.
Registered Member #12

just to clarify my proposal which steve has sort of enacted....

we have 3 rounds for the higher money levels, we used to do 1 round the 1st day, 2 rounds the 2nd day.... I suggested eliminating the 3rd round at every level.... my plan would have created 1 day levels with 2 rounds, Steve is similar with 1 day, but 3 rounds.... later levels were similar with 5 rounds per level which used to be 1 the 1st day then two each the 2nd and 3rd days.... I proposed eliminating the 5th rounds making 2 days of 2 rounds at those levels, and I believe Steve is again similar with 2 days at 2 rounds the 1st day, 3 rounds the 2nd day....

I don't remember my original figures exactly; but only like 10 players were taken in those extra rounds through the whole draft, so they would not be greatly missed.... my proposal saves a day on each round, thus shortening the draft; but it also eliminates 3 rounds a day, thus making the draft more user-friendly with more time between picks....

one man's thoughts....
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF