Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: General League Discussions
Any Baseball Sim Fans ?? << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
Steelers
Mon Aug 23 2021, 08:59a.m.
Registered Member #100

looking for a diamond league to join.. take a look...

The SSL (Sidearm Simulation League) is looking for some good, committed owners to fill out our league for next season. We are approaching the end of our 2021 season and will be looking for a few manager to do a dispersal draft from the open rosters. Highlights and why this league is so different:

*30 team league, 35 man rosters. If you want a challenge, a 30 team league is far more realistic and requires more GM skills than 20 or 24 team leagues. Try it - you'll never go back!
*Do not own minor leaguers.....hey I like leagues that own them, but it's also nice to be in a league where the draft each year actually has talent, yeah? Our draft has all the debut players each season.
*The league makes the rules, not the commissioner. Unlike any other league - our commish (me) doesn't just implement whatever new rules they feel like, every manager votes on rule changes so everyone is a part of driving what is in our rule book. You won't have the commish throw a new rule out at you a week before the season starts just because he feels like it.
*You play your AWAY games......cool twist, I've never seen another league where you play your away instead of home games. You can play H2H if you want but most all of us just play against an MP in the DB.
*We have an annual Redistribution draft ("RD") so that teams don't become dominant and stay at the top forever. It's a simple draft where you get to protect 12 of your 35 players, then in a one round draft you lose one of the 23 unprotected players and gain one from another team. Again, stops teams from becoming super powers.
*Our annual rookie draft is "live" - 5 rounds on a Saturday morning usually. In a chat room, and it's a blast!!! Trades flying around, picks off the board every two minutes, and in 3-4 hours the whole draft is over.
*EXTREMELY active league - we have typically over 100 trades a year. Tired of the leagues where making a trade is like pulling teeth? In the SSL guys will actually trade good stuff for that one vet that puts them over the edge. We typically have about 20 trades live on the fly just in the draft room!
*"Special Instructions" - we allow some special instructions to be posted each month. Most leagues - you get to program a lineup vs RH and one vs LH and that's all you get. But what about when you are facing a RH pitcher that dominates lefties and righties hit him well? Our league allows you to program several lineups and select which one based on the opposing pitcher - doesn't force you to have a standing lineup vs each side no matter what. The instructions are short and easy to follow, but it allows you to be far more involved.
*Very limited cash system - not complex like the salary cap leagues. Basically you get money for a few things - finish order, MVP, Cy young, etc. And that money can be used in trades, buying an extra draft pick, or in free agency which is an all out bidding system on all players that were unowned by a team the prior season (excluding the debut rookies of course). It's fun, easy, and the FA auction is a blast!

If interested drop me a note, like others I'm in several leagues, and this is by far my favorite. Please if you are a league hopper that stays for a year - we're not interested, we are looking for managers that come in and are committed to stay and develop comraderie, trash talk a little, and stay in it for the long haul. Drop me a note at boo_80126 at yahoo dot com if interested. You'll love it!!! (Jerry)

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF