KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2021 League Business
Proposals for Increasing Incentives to Win << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
Steelers
Fri Mar 05 2021, 02:07p.m.
Registered Member #100

Top 8 teams can extend contract for one player at current salary.

Middle 8 teams can reduce salary of any player by 1 miilion in future year..

Bottom 8 teams enter lottery for rookie draft picks

Commissioner rolls 3 10 sided dice

Team 24: 000-100
Team 23: 101-200
Team 22: 201-300
Team 21: 301-400
Team 20: 401-500
Team 19: 501-600
Team 18: 601-800
Team 17: 801-999

[ Edited Fri Mar 05 2021, 02:13p.m. ]
KRFL-BayCity
Fri Mar 05 2021, 03:52p.m.
Registered Member #12

Top 8 teams can extend contract for one player at current salary.

does this apply to players under contract for the next season? or can it be used for a vet with an expiring contract?

I assume it would not be relevant to a free agent....
Steelers
Mon Mar 08 2021, 04:31p.m.
Registered Member #100

It would apply to any player under contract during the season ....
noodles
Fri Mar 26 2021, 02:52a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

I'm wondering if this a solution without a problem. I'm not convinced that deliberate tanking is an issue that needs to be addressed but I'm open to hearing Jim's further case.
Salem
Fri Mar 26 2021, 04:39p.m.
Registered Member #25

I think team's not trying to win is the biggest problem we have in this league - by far. I have tried to repeatedly put up proposals to solve this issue, but not many people seem interested.

Every year we have teams in the playoff hunt who trade away good players because they don't think they can win it all. Every year. And that really hurts the league.
mark
Sat Mar 27 2021, 09:28a.m.
Registered Member #45

Salem wrote ...

I think team's not trying to win is the biggest problem we have in this league - by far. I have tried to repeatedly put up proposals to solve this issue, but not many people seem interested.

Every year we have teams in the playoff hunt who trade away good players because they don't think they can win it all. Every year. And that really hurts the league.

I think a simple solution to help this is stop in season trading. But, there is no support for it.
noodles
Mon Mar 29 2021, 02:42a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

I looked through the message board archives to reread the the discussion re: this issue that happened two or three years ago. Apparently I was in complete agreement that this was an issue worth addressing. So for consistency's sake, I suggest we reexamine it. Mark (CLE) has the simplest solution - just eliminate (or further shorten) in-season trading. Convince me why we shouldn't just do that. In my ideal world, every team would end each season somewhere around 8-8. That kind of competitive balance would make every game meaningful. Note I said "ideal" because reality would never allow that. Still, I think that kind of parity is a goal we should strive for.
MarkB
Mon Mar 29 2021, 11:07a.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

noodles wrote ...

I looked through the message board archives to reread the the discussion re: this issue that happened two or three years ago. Apparently I was in complete agreement that this was an issue worth addressing. So for consistency's sake, I suggest we reexamine it. Mark (CLE) has the simplest solution - just eliminate (or further shorten) in-season trading. Convince me why we shouldn't just do that. In my ideal world, every team would end each season somewhere around 8-8. That kind of competitive balance would make every game meaningful. Note I said "ideal" because reality would never allow that. Still, I think that kind of parity is a goal we should strive for.

-----------
We've gone back and forth and changed the trade deadline multiple times. It was week 8, then a change was passed to change it to week 4, then a compromise was passed to change it to week 6.
I enjoy the general manager role (roster management, drafts and trades) as much as playing the actual games. If trading was prohibited, I would resign from the league and I expect others would as well.
mark
Mon Mar 29 2021, 01:30p.m.
Registered Member #45

MarkB wrote ...

noodles wrote ...

-----------
We've gone back and forth and changed the trade deadline multiple times. It was week 8, then a change was passed to change it to week 4, then a compromise was passed to change it to week 6.
I enjoy the general manager role (roster management, drafts and trades) as much as playing the actual games. If trading was prohibited, I would resign from the league and I expect others would as well.

I enjoy it too, but it might help if it happened before the season, I don’t think our league mirrors the nfl in that regard. So to be able to situate your team to win by trading before the season isn’t hindering trading or your ability to GM. But it does get rid of a team declaring “I can’t win so i’ll trade”.
It’s ok that it doesn’t get support, but if tried for one season, I think we would find it works.
MarkB
Mon Mar 29 2021, 01:36p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

I enjoy it too, but it might help if it happened before the season, I don’t think our league mirrors the nfl in that regard. So to be able to situate your team to win by trading before the season isn’t hindering trading or your ability to GM. But it does get rid of a team declaring “I can’t win so i’ll trade”.
It’s ok that it doesn’t get support, but if tried for one season, I think we would find it works.

[/quote1617039129]
----------------
In the NFL, in-season trading is allowed up to week #8. But they operating in a different player salary system and so their are far fewer trades at the deadline. I do not feel further restrictions on trading are the solution if a problem exist. And I am not convince there is a problem.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF