KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: General League Discussions
2021 roster size << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
Inverness
Sun Dec 27 2020, 10:55p.m.

Another issue with this wonderful COVID season is the fact that there is going to be significant lack of 10 rated players next season. Between the COVID sit-outs and the COVID weekly sits, it is going to be tough to put together a viable roster of 52 next year. Do we:

A. Gut it out and see what we can do;
B. Add roster spots and salary cap;
C. Add just roster spots;
D. Other.

Any solution would be for one year (let’s hope this crap is gone by next season) and the transition back to normal in 2022 will have to be addressed also.

Steve/Inverness
MarkB
Mon Dec 28 2020, 10:13p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

A couple of thoughts...............

I am not sure we need to make a significant change. We have 24 teams vs. the NFL's 32 teams. So there are plenty of players available. In this season's file, there are 274 free agents with a Durability rating of 8 or higher. I would like to wait to see the durability ratings for the 2020 NFL season before we make/finalize any changes.

I've advocated 53 man rosters vs. 52 for a long time (to follow the NFL) and the idea has been repeatedly rejected.

For 2020, the NFL rule is:
Though the roster limit will continue to be 53 for 2020, two players from the practice squad may be brought up to increase roster sizes to 55 on gameday, with those two players reverting back to the practice squad after gameday. Practice squads will also be increased in size from 10 players to 12 beginning this season. Managing inactive/active players will be troublesome and too much work for me.

Consider the following post I made in September 2020...
Our rules state:
At the start of each game throughout the entire season (including the playoffs) each roster must include 52 players including the following minimum number of players at the following positions...

Note, it does not say "uninjured" players. So injured players count towards the minimum number of players.
I see a number of teams who have the minimum number of players or maybe one extra, but almost all of those players have durability ratings of 8 or less. So there is a huge risk that at some point the team will have only half of the required number of players at a position. With the numerous injuries in the NFL, we need to seriously consider changing our rule and require the minimum number of players at each position has to be met with either:
1) healthy players only, injured players do not count
or
2) only players with a durability rating above # count. What # is I am not sure. In the other league I am in it is "6".

Perhaps that might be the solution IF we need to make any change?

MarkB
Tue Dec 29 2020, 01:44p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Some discussion on this topic is going on at https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/actionpcsports/covid-impact-on-player-cards-t30288.html#p254501

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF