Comprehensive Package Amendment << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
Steelers
Sat Mar 21 2020, 12:41p.m.
Registered Member #100

Comprehensive Package Proposal 1

5.1 Determination of Draft Order for KRFL teams is based on the record and playoff finish by each team in the previous season. The selection order is based on each team’s won-loss record in the previous regular season and whether the team reached the playoffs.

Teams that did not reach the playoffs will participate in a lottery tournament to determine the draft order for the first 12 picks in the next draft. The tournament will follow the same playoff rules contained in Rule 11 with the following exceptions:

1. Lottery Playoff for 12 non playoff teams will follow similar process as Regular Playoff:

- Round 1: 4 teams with best records get first round byes. Remaining 8 teams are seeded 1-8 based on winning percentage and play first round games.. ( 1-8, 2-7,3-6, 4-5)
-Round 2: 8 remaining teams seeded 1-8 based on winning percentages and play
-Round 3: 4 remaining teams seeded 1-4 based on winning percentages and play
-Round 4: 2 remaining teams play each other

Draft Order for First 12 positions:

1. Lottery Playoff Champ
2. Round 4 Loser
3-4: Round 3 Losers
5-8: Round 2 Losers
9-12:Round 1 Losers

At the end of the lottery tournament, the draft order will be awarded as follows:

1. Lottery Playoff Champion
2. Round 4 Loser
3-4. 2 Round 3 Losers ranked based on tie breaker record
5-8 . 4 Round 2 Losers ranked based on tie breaker record
9-12. Round 1 Losers ranked based on tie breaker record

“ Tie breaker records” are based on the following:

The team with the ……..

5.2 DELETED
5.2 Team Rescue Plan

-any team which finishes in the bottom 4 of the league ( based on winning percentage ) for 2 consecutive seasons may eliminate any two veteran contacts without penalty and get a supplemental first round draft pick ( pick 25 ) in year 3. A team may not use the same season to count for more than one rescue plan. i.e... if you use seasons 2020 and 2021 to qualify, then you can not use 2021 and 2022 to qualify.

7.1 –In-Season trading is allowed between the opening of the season and the reporting deadline for KRFL week #8 games.

12.1 -A strict off-season salary cap shall be set at$83 million for each team. A team may go above the cap during the season but their in-season salaries must not exceed $93 million or fall below 73 million during the season or post-season, and it must be at or below this cap or floor following the completion of the season. In other words, at the conclusion of the Super Bowl, teams over the cap must release the minimum number of players necessary to go below the cap and to be permitted to begin off season trading. A team can wait to go below the $83 million salary until the next season disk comes out but it will not be allowed to make any off season trades until it goes below the $83 million salary cap.

12.2-Players drafted in the college draft and placed on the rookie squad do not have a salary while on the rookie squad, as they are drafted one year prior to first playing in the KRFL. Therefore, rookie salaries do not count against the $83 million off-season cap or $93 million in-season cap because they are not yet signed by their respective teams, the teams own their rights only. At the completion of the KRFL season following their draft, rookies become the property of their teams, and their salaries…..

12.3-The cap really isn't all that complicated if you think about it. You can't have more than $70 million in future contracted salary at any time, you can't have more than $83 million in present-day salary during the draft and you can't have more than $93million in present day salary from the end of the draft to the end of the season. The salary of a player released during the season shall count toward the team's salary cap for the full year unless he is picked up on waivers by another team.

REASONS FOR THE CHANGE:
This proposal is part of a comprehensive package which creates incentives to win, provides teams with an equal opportunity to rebuild and provides a safety net for failed franchises.

KRFL-BayCity
Sat Mar 21 2020, 04:37p.m.
Registered Member #12

I would offer up each part separately.... I think your chances improve of getting at least a part of it through; instead of losing it totally due to one piece of it....
mark
Mon Mar 23 2020, 09:50a.m.
Registered Member #45

I do not support this plan.
jonwolgamuth
Mon Mar 23 2020, 09:01p.m.
Registered Member #92

KRFL-BayCity wrote ...

I would offer up each part separately.... I think your chances improve of getting at least a part of it through; instead of losing it totally due to one piece of it....

I agree with this--I do believe there are good ideas here that could make the league better.
Steelers
Tue Mar 24 2020, 07:39a.m.
Registered Member #100

As my amendment proposals state, the separate elements of the comprehensive package are to be voted on only if the comprehensive package is rejected.
mark
Tue Mar 24 2020, 08:21a.m.
Registered Member #45

The Team rescue is the only part of this I support.
Steelers
Tue Mar 24 2020, 11:50a.m.
Registered Member #100

Voters should consider parts of the package they want may be opposed by other voters and in the end no one gets any changes they want. Legislation is all about compromise. No compromise, no change.
mark
Tue Mar 24 2020, 12:29p.m.
Registered Member #45

Respectfully, here is my quick response to the “package”.
1. I don’t want to change back to a higher cap, we’ve been there so I see it as returning to old problems.
2. Looser playoffs, I don’t want but if others do, that’s ok. I’ll SIM my games.
3. The rescue plan I’m ok with.
BlackHillsChris
Tue Mar 31 2020, 06:19p.m.

These are great ideas...

If we were redrafting and starting over......

Sorry but to make drastic changes like this and others will hurt teams especially like me.
MarkB
Tue Mar 31 2020, 10:41p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

I do not support this proposal.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF