KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: General League Discussions
ANTI-DUMPING AND MONOPOLY COMPREHENSIVE PACKAGE << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
Inverness
Thu Jan 30 2020, 06:32p.m.

My concern with this idea: Someone with a genuine suckee team , without dumping players, could go into the supplemental tournament and still lose. By doing so, they would lose a chance at an early draft choice/position and make it difficult to rebuild.
MarkB
Thu Jan 30 2020, 06:51p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Inverness wrote ...

My concern with this idea: Someone with a genuine suckee team , without dumping players, could go into the supplemental tournament and still lose. By doing so, they would lose a chance at an early draft choice/position and make it difficult to rebuild.

-------------------------

I don't disagree. And someone could have a suckee team through no fault of their own. Especially with all the injuries nowadays in the NFL. Their QB gets hurts and misses most of the season (Big Ben in '19). They lose their a starting CB's or two.... their starting WR for 10 games. Maybe a couple of key lineman as well. Suddenly they struggle to win more than a few games..... And if those players played in more the four NFL games, they have to keep those players on their roster or take a salary cap fine to release them.
Inverness
Thu Jan 30 2020, 09:28p.m.

I know that there is a problem with teams tanking, but sometimes you have to go down before you can go up. If a manager thinks that is the way to get better, why not? Unless one tanks and then leaves the league, I don’t see a problem. We can all bid for players to try to improve our teams. At worse, limit trades to one per team so one team can not over stock another team.
MarkB
Thu Jan 30 2020, 09:49p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

I think trading is limited enough already. The deadline is after week 4 along with $5.0mil or 6% salary cap increase during the season (at one time was week 8 and $10mil).

Just a trial balloon here.... No increase the salary cap during the season, establish and in-season minimum salary, and move the trade deadline back to week 8. Other than the minimum salary, we'd mirror the NFL.
mark
Thu Jan 30 2020, 10:46p.m.
Registered Member #45

👍🏻
Steelers
Fri Jan 31 2020, 10:09a.m.
Registered Member #100

I updated the proposal to answer Marks ?s raised on 1.30 at 5:26 pm.
Steelers
Fri Jan 31 2020, 10:16a.m.
Registered Member #100

MarkB wrote ...

Inverness wrote ...

-------------------------

I don't disagree. And someone could have a suckee team through no fault of their own. Especially with all the injuries nowadays in the NFL. Their QB gets hurts and misses most of the season (Big Ben in '19). They lose their a starting CB's or two.... their starting WR for 10 games. Maybe a couple of key lineman as well. Suddenly they struggle to win more than a few games..... And if those players played in more the four NFL games, they have to keep those players on their roster or take a salary cap fine to release them.

No one can plan for all the tragedies in life but the proposal contains some elements which would help a team recover under this scenario. First, teams which finish in the bottom 4 can eliminate any 2 contracts on their roster. Second, the inseason salary cap (93M) and inseason salary floor (73M) allow more flexibility in making trades to deal with the problem. These are all opportunities to current rule book fails to provide KRFL owners.
mark
Fri Jan 31 2020, 11:10a.m.
Registered Member #45

I like the idea of the bottom 4 teams being able to drop a couple bad contracts.
But expanding in season salary could encourage what has already been happening.
Since we play players with given stats, a game strategy, (not football) is to trade away as many draft picks as possible to bolster a team. This happens over and over, because rookie picks are projections and carded players are not. So this becomes unique to this game rather than mirroring the NFL.
Steelers
Fri Jan 31 2020, 12:36p.m.
Registered Member #100

Expanding the in season salary cap is counterbalanced by the in season salary floor which limits how much a team can "dump salary"... As far as trading away rookie picks, that is a valid strategy which has been used at least since the Dallas Cowboys obtained Herschel Walker for about 8 draft picks. I also note there is a current limitation on trading future year draft picks.
mark
Fri Jan 31 2020, 12:45p.m.
Registered Member #45

I understand the Herschel Walker, counter and I know it happens, and I like trading, but the repetition by which it happens in this “game” is too much.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF