KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: General League Discussions
2019 Predictions << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
noodles
Wed Jul 17 2019, 03:46p.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Gentlemen of the KRFL, book your tickets in advance to get the best prices on travel and hotels. The 2019 Super Bowl will be between the upstart Des Moines Monks and the Bronx Cyclones. I really don't see any point in playing out the season since the numbers tell me that this matchup is inevitable so thanks for playing and I'll see you all next year. If you insist that we go through the motions, let me tell you how the KRFL's greatest (if only) prognosticator came to this conclusion.

NFC

Landry

It will be tough but this could be the year that Bensalem finally beats Penn State to take the division title. I say "could" because their pass defense remains weak but this year the Penn State receiving corp is even weaker. QB Carson Wentz will still have to beat the always stout Penn State defense so I give the nod to the Lions. Kutztown and Warrington are gonna need a heckuva motivational speaker to exceed this forecast and I'm afraid Knute Rockne is no longer around.
Penn State 10-6
Bensalem 9-7
Kutztown 6-10
Warrington 6-10

Lombardi

Perennial contender SW Florida should easily win the division with only Moline as a threat. Last year's Coach of the Year, James Riley, has a team just as bad as last year's Kentucky squad but he is an over-achiever. Somebody please give Black Hills a QB.
SW Florida 11-5
Moline 8-8
Kentucky 6-10
Black Hills 4-12

Halas
If you're wondering where all the good qbs are, you'll find them in this division. Heck, Atlanta has two in Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck. The statistical best, though, is Drew Brees of the Bronx. With the talent amassed to support him, the Cyclones this year are the team to beat. Barcelona's underwhelming running game won't do Phillip Rivers any favors and Bay City, who blew up their team last season to accumulate a couple of hundred rookie draft picks, is a couple years away.
Bronx 14-2
Atlanta 11-5
Bay City 9-7
Barcelona 7-9

AFC

Madden
There are no glaring weaknesses in a Des Moines team led by phenom QB Patrick Mahomes. Pencil in a loss when you play them unless you are feeling really lucky. If anyone can matchup with them, it's the defense first sack-happy Salem Steers who aren't quite in their usual Super Bowl contending form but are still formidable. The two grunge city teams in Seattle remain a little grungy.
Des Moines 14-2
Salem 10-6
Seattle 7-9
West Seattle 6-10

Brown
Tampa Bay is a strong and balanced team that by my reckoning is the second best in the conference. They should not overlook Rolling Green's quick strike offense. Cleveland and Vancouver? meh.
Tampa Bay 12-4
Rolling Green 10-6
Cleveland 6-10
Vancouver 5-11

Shula
The division of top to bottom equality and mediocrity. Your guess is as good as mine.
Alabama 8-8
Edison 8-8
New York 8-8
Newark 6-10

MarkB
Thu Jul 18 2019, 05:13p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Thanks for posting this Soothsayer Steve!
jonwolgamuth
Thu Aug 01 2019, 04:55p.m.
Registered Member #92

Very cool post, Steve! Although I prefer an underdog role. Please revise my prediction! ;-)
MarkB
Wed Aug 19 2020, 11:43a.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

I am eagerly awaiting Steve's fearless predictions for 2020.....
noodles
Sat Aug 22 2020, 04:02p.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

on their way. The team of monkeys is tabulating the results.
edm
Fri Sep 04 2020, 10:25p.m.

I think you are underestimating the Seattle Grunge. Top QB, top running attack and a very solid defense. Jackson is a higher rated QB than Mahomes with 176 additional rushing attempts. I think you didn't consider RB Cohen's 9 receiver rating. Time will tell.
MarkB
Sat Sep 05 2020, 10:07a.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

edm wrote ...

I think you are underestimating the Seattle Grunge. Top QB, top running attack and a very solid defense. Jackson is a higher rated QB than Mahomes with 176 additional rushing attempts. I think you didn't consider RB Cohen's 9 receiver rating. Time will tell.

The monkeys have evidently not finished their 2020 predictions. This post is from last season.
edm
Sat Sep 05 2020, 09:24p.m.

That makes since. The NFL season starts in less than a week. It will be interesting with no preseason.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF