Black Hills and Rolling Green Trade << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
MarkB
Sun Jun 23 2019, 09:17p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

The Trade Committee has concluded the trade doe not warrant being voided.
noodles
Mon Jun 24 2019, 01:53a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Steve,
As a participant in this trade, no offense taken here. In fact, just the opposite. I am happy this trade was reviewed before approval because under normal circumstances I clearly got Hill at a bargain price. I think I was the beneficiary of a unique set of conditions beginning with a trade for Andrew Luck falling through between BLK and ATL. As new member Chris tries to recover from that disappointment, it makes sense that he would prefer to dump Hill (and his iffy future) and his $6m salary and replace one player with four. We'll see how this susses out but he appears to be looking to the future while I'm looking at the today. It appears to me that this trade is a simple math thing brought about by the lateness in the draft and BLK trying to make the best out of a bad situation. With in-draft trading cancelled next year, we shouldn't be seeing this weird confluence of factors recurring. One last note, giving up $6m of cap space at this point in the draft has put a certain strain on my plans so it isn't all rosy in Grimp land.

Your rival,
Steve
MarkB
Fri Jul 19 2019, 12:34p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

sjenk wrote ...

No offence meant or suggestion it wasn't above board but it does appear seriously imbalanced. Black Hills already has possibility of 3 picks in $2M round before trade. Given that half the teams passed the last round there isn't likely to be much action, giving those picks less value. By my calculations, if Black Hills were to use all 5 picks in $2M, could only make 2 picks in $1M round.
Tyreek Hill's in-season trade value would be far higher. That said, I'm good with whatever is decided. Just thought it warranted a second look. No disrespect to anyone involved.

------------------------------------------
RGG gambled and won.... https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27221490/nfl-discipline-wr-hill-abuse-claims
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF