KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2019 League Business
2019 Game Schedule << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
MarkB
Sat Apr 27 2019, 09:47p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

I was working on the 2019 game schedule tonight and wanted to make you aware of the following.

The annual league game schedule is created using a Excel worksheet created by Roberto Tosco a couple a years ago. It works great (Thank you Roberto) and it allows us to use a rotating four year schedule so that we are not playing the same schedule each season.

However, because of the way our league schedule is organized (you play six games against the other teams in your division, you play six of the other eight teams in your conference, and you play four teams in the other conference) the resulting schedule causes several teams to have long stretches of away games. For example, in 2019 six of my team's last eight games are away games. However, the other teams in my division also have either five or six of their last eight games as away games. So even if your team has a long stretch of a lot of away or home games, it is very likely all the other teams in your division are in the same situation. Unless we change the way we play conference and non-conference opponents each season, there is nothing we can do to resolve these schedule quirks.

I've only had one or two complaints about this since we went to Roberto's schedule generator. So most of you must be used to it. Rest assured, I've spent about the last four hours trying to figure out a way to even out these long stretches of home/away games, and it is either beyond my capabilities or impossible.

Thanks.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF