KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2018 League Business
Results of 2018 Rule Change Proposal Voting << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
MarkB
Thu Apr 12 2018, 09:46p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Voting is complete. Thanks everyone for getting the voting done quickly. It takes a 2/3's majority, or 16 Yes votes for a proposal to pass.
The results, confirmed by our league Secretary Steve Swanson, are:

#1 Change rule 14.10 to be: The salary of a player with a multi-year contract of no more than four years will increase one million per every additional year, {what follows will be added} except players at the K and P positions whose salaries will increase $0.5 million per year. AND Change rule 14.11 to be: Players signed to contracts of 5 years or more will have yearly increases of $1.5 million per year, {what follows will be added} except players at the K and P positions whose salaries will increase $0.75 million per year.
Passes 16-8

#2 Change rule 14.14b to be: The player may be released without fine if the player's DUR (Durabilty) Rating is no more than 3.
Passes 18-6

#3 Change rule 4.1 to increase each team's roster size from 52 to 53 active players.
Fails 15-9 (failed by one vote)

#4 Change rule 14.11 to say A team may choose to prorate the value of a contract over the life of the contract.... example: current 5.0 6.5 8.0 9.5 11.0 = 40.0mil; proposed 8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0 = 40.0 mil
Fails 7-17

This changes go into effect immediately. I will work on making the changes to the Rule Book and get the update posted to the website soon. I also plan to re-wite the draft lottery section to have it use the more common "Pick3" lottery games as it is easier to conduct our lottery using those vs. the NY Lotto game which we use now.

Reminder of the League Calendar (consult http://www.aaroncraneinstitute.com/football/e107_plugins/calendar_menu/calendar.php for more details)
Now through April 27 : Trading is open
April 27 : Deadline for confirming your roster and Salary Worksheet. If I do not hear from you that counts as a confirmation both are correct.
April 28 - May 5 : Roster Cut Down Week
May 5 : Deadline for Roster Cut Down Posting by each team
May 29 - June 1 : Rookie Draft (NOTE THIS IS ONE WEEK LATER THAN ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED. Sorry, but I had to move it.)
June 2 - June 16 : Open Trading Period
June 18 - July 14 ; TENTATIVE Free Agent Draft

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF