KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2016 League Business
Propsed Rule Change: Reward for Volunteer Substitute Coaches << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
MarkB
Fri Apr 01 2016, 10:29p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

CURRENT RULE:
After the conclusion of the season and before the rookie draft, the commissioner will hold a lottery using the information provided through Rule 15.2. For each game played as a substitute, the member who volunteered will be given one credit. Credits earned will be entered into a random lottery to distribute rookie draft choices given up by teams penalized for non-participation. Rookie draft choices given up by a previous owner through penalty will be retained by the new owner but will be added as supplemental picks in each applicable draft round for the purpose of the non-participation lottery. Example: A number two pick in the second round (draft choice 2.2) forfeited by a previous owner will be retained by the new owner. The penalized pick will be added to the round as pick 2.25.

PROPOSED RULE
Add the following:
If no rookie draft picks were forfeited, the league will award a supplemental 6th round rookie draft pick, the final pick of the 6th round, using the process described above.
This pick would not be tradable.

EXPLANATION
Even though there were no picks forfeited, as was the case in 2015, I want there to be certainty the a substitute coach has an opportunity to be rewarded in this process.
As often repeated, as accomplished in 2015, one of my biggest goals is for the weekly league file to be posted at the same say/time each week. Therefore I'd like to give incentives to people who volunteer as a substitute coach and help keep the league running on schedule.

noodles
Sat Apr 02 2016, 02:20a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

I like this. Maybe a 5th round pick?
KRFL-BayCity
Sat Apr 02 2016, 10:49a.m.
Registered Member #12

I would support it; and I think I would bump it up to a 5th also....
MarkB
Sat Apr 02 2016, 01:10p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

OK, a 5th makes sense because that is the first pick a team losses if they use a sub three times.
Inverness
Wed Apr 06 2016, 03:07p.m.

How about taking the draft pick from the coach who needed the sub? First time = 7th round pick, second time = 6th round pick etc. Serves as an incentive to play your games, but realizes that sometimes subs are needed.
MarkB
Wed Apr 06 2016, 10:22p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

I am not looking to tweak the current rule of what draft picks are lost. I am only looking to reward the volunteer coaches.
noodles
Thu Apr 07 2016, 02:12a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

We already have rules which punish a coach for excessive absence (more than 2) that takes away draft choices. This rule simply adds a late round pick in the event no draft choices are given up.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF