Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2016 League Business
Rules Committee << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
edm
Mon Mar 28 2016, 11:48a.m.

Impacted Rule: New

Proposed Change: I would like the league to form a volunteer game rules committee to review game settings for the current year's game rules.

We try our best to follow the NFL. It would be nice if we have a small committee to have report to the league with suggested changes in settings. An obvious example is the extra point spot of the ball this year.
The game changes year to year along with added options in the settings and we usually finalize our rule proposals before there is knowledge of the current game changes.

MarkB
Mon Mar 28 2016, 11:58p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

The current KRFL rules are:
10.2 – Game Rules are set to accord with all contemporary NFL rules including two point conversions, overtime, etc.
10.3 – Specific League Settings include:
Audibles – three per half
Replay Challenges – two (2)
Home Field Advantage – three (3)
Injuries - Realistic
Limit Games Missed to Real Life Total - Yes
Penalties - Realistic
Season Usage - 110%/115%/120% (no exemptions)
Game Usage - 15%/30%/45% (no exemptions)
Weather effects will be used for all games.
No limits on onside kicks, hurry up, or slow down offenses.
No Play Clock.

So we'd be automatically adapting the NFL extra point / two point conversion rule in KRFL this year and the new NFL 25 yard line touchback rule in KRFL next season.

Based on rule 10.2, when the NFL rules change, so does KRFL.
edm
Tue Mar 29 2016, 11:15a.m.

How about the playoff settings adding weeks to the game? We added that as a rule one year since the game eliminated the season fatigue setting for playoffs. The next year the game added the season fatigue setting for the playoffs back into the game. We should make sure we allow for horse collar tackles, do we have only 15 yard face mask or are we in the 5 or 15 yard rule? There are a lot of settings including new options. Most are obvious as the extra point line, and some of the items I just listed. It just would be nice to have a few people go through the rule settings every year to make sure they either match the KRFL rules or we change the KRFL bylaws to match the settings. I wouldn't be opposed to have the officers do this task and update the by-laws on theses settings. Just wanted to bring up a process to get this task done.
MarkB
Tue Mar 29 2016, 03:55p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Re: Using the Playoff Brackets built into the game alleviates the playoff usage issue. I've proven it out myself and have confirmation of it from Dave Koch.

I have not seen the new game yet. I am not a beta tester. Maybe you are. So I am not aware of any "new" settings. But in the past the default when the game was released was all penalties and any other setting were set to be the same as the NFL unless the league goes in and changes them. Is that changed in the new 2016 version?

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF