KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: General League Discussions
Increasing Time Allowed for Making Trades Before the Start of the Season? << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
MarkB
Sat Aug 08 2015, 11:10a.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

I have been contemplating making the calendar times when trades can be made between the drafts and the start of the season less restrictive. The trades periods after the drafts are what they are now, I believe, to give the league commissioner/statistician enough time to create/modify/distribute the league file and allow for a "cooling off period" in the Summer when we don't have to actively monitor league transactions and can generally forget about football (if that is possible) for a while because of the intensity of draft time. Right now trading is closed until the start of the regular season, which is four weeks from now. I think we could safely keep trading open until a couple of days before the season starts instead of shutting it down four weeks in advance.

What are your thoughts?
rfick
Thu Aug 13 2015, 09:54a.m.

I agree to a certain extent. I would say a week, possibly more, would be sufficient.

[ Edited Thu Aug 13 2015, 09:55a.m. ]
noodles
Mon Aug 24 2015, 03:19a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Mark, you are correct as to the reasons why I scheduled a post-draft break from KRFL business. I think it's important that we have some down time from the league where no one has to worry about trades, etc. That's also why I moved the amendment and draft process as late as possible so we'd have a long post-season break. When setting the calendar, I also scheduled ample time for the production of league files and spreadsheets. Since you are doing both as the new commish, you should feel free to rearrange the calendar to meet your needs but I strongly encourage you to maintain the breaks.
PapaBear53
Sun Aug 30 2015, 09:13p.m.

Mark,

I think this would be a most welcome and beneficial change.

Dan--Las Vegas
MarkB
Mon Aug 31 2015, 09:43p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Too late to change the off season dates now, but we can look at it after the season in completed.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF