KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: General League Discussions
A Note on Bugs in the Draft Software << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
noodles
Sat May 30 2015, 03:16a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Our draft software has been adapted from another application and customized to the unique structure of our league. Unfortunately, it has a couple of bugs that could still appear and skitter across the kitchen floor provoking you to get out your stomping boot *. The good news is that we've found simple work-arounds for the few bugs we are aware of so heed this message.

If you notice an error do three things:
1. Don't Panic.
2. Consult the Draft How-To for full instructions on how to use the software.
3. Report the error to the Commissioner IMMEDIATELY. The quicker it is reported, the quicker it is resolved. If the error wasn't the fault of the software but the result of you being a boob, it can still be fixed if your report is timely, otherwise you will be stuck with your mistake.

A list of the known software errors:

ERROR 1: I picked a player manually and the software slotted the pick in an earlier more expensive round.
SOLUTION: Don't draft another player in your schedule slot. Write the Commissioner who will simply move your pick to the correct slot at the correct salary. You will get your player.

ERROR 2: I picked a player manually and he disappeared from the draft list but did not show up as drafted on the Selections page.
SOLUTION: Double check to make sure that he is not still listed in the player list. If he is, the pick didn't process so try it again. If he isn't, don't worry. You will get your man. Write the Commissioner and he will make the correction.

ERROR 3: The program reset my auto pick delay to 0 minutes.
SOLUTION: This is not a big deal. It just means your auto pick will fire quicker than we'd like. We ask that it be set at 15 minutes to help us stay close to the daily draft schedule. If you notice you're set to 0, simply reset it to 15 under GM Options.

ERROR 4: Resetting the Stat listings under GM Options.
Only one known error has occurred: "If you move punts_inside_20 into your filter list under GM Options, an error occurs".
SOLUTION: Remove punts_inside_20 from the filter. Don't alter the default list settings. Get full stats from the game.

NOT AN ERROR: Someone else who was scheduled before me was on the clock when I should have been.
SOLUTION: This is NOT an error. When someone UNSKIPS a pick, they temporarily take over the clock until they make their choice. Your time will resume the second they are finished.

IF some major unanticipated error occurs with the software the draft will be stopped until the problem is figured out. You will be notified by email in this unlikely event.

*If you can write code in php and want to help improve this program, you're hired.

[ Edited Sat May 30 2015, 03:40a.m. ]

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF