KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2015 League Business
Proposed Rule Change: Use a 35 Second Play Clock << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
MarkB
Fri Mar 27 2015, 08:46a.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

CURRENT RULES: 10.3 No Play clock is used.

PROPOSED RULE CHANGES: Use a 35 second play clock

PURPOSE: Speed up game play and make game play like real NFL games.
Salem
Fri Mar 27 2015, 02:16p.m.
Registered Member #25

The games run just fine to me. Since I have a daughter of 3 and a daughter less than 1 years old, there might be times where I need a couple of minutes to deal with a situation. Also, with internet issues sometimes arising, I think this would end up being a mess. I would not support this.
MarkB
Fri Mar 27 2015, 05:14p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Salem wrote ...

The games run just fine to me. Since I have a daughter of 3 and a daughter less than 1 years old, there might be times where I need a couple of minutes to deal with a situation. Also, with internet issues sometimes arising, I think this would end up being a mess. I would not support this.

Good point. I don't mind waiting in a situation like that. But I do get frustrated when it takes close to or a minute to call a play almost the entire game.
What if I amend my proposal to say:
Play clock will be set to 35 seconds. However, by agreement from BOTH teams, the play clock may be turned off at any time. Likewise, the Play clock may be resumed/turned on at any time by EITHER team requesting such, and cannot be turned off until both teams agree to the suspension of the clock.

I cannot think of anyone who would not grant a stop in the play clock if a person needs to deal with a child, answer the phone, go to the restroom.... anything reasonable and not needed for the entire game.

noodles
Mon Mar 30 2015, 11:11p.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Most of the league games I’ve played usually last around 90 minutes. A few times they’ve gone as long as two hours, especially if the game was closely contested. I’m fine with retaining the No Play Clock rule even though my time in the weekday evenings is limited.
Mark
Alabama Hawks
"Fly with the Hawks"

Moved to appropriate thread.
sjenk
Mon Mar 30 2015, 11:29p.m.
Registered Member #73

I'm good continuing without play clock. Agree some games could move quicker but there's often times I need a 30-60 sec. timeout to deal with kids, other issues and would get timed out.
PapaBear53
Sat Apr 04 2015, 12:37a.m.

HELL YEAH! Clock can be paused for those times you need a potty break, etc. We like to call it the Ed D rule.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF