KRFL - a football simulation league
Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2015 League Business
Proprosed Rule Change: Change I.R. rule to be DUR <= 2 instead of "no more than 3 games" << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
MarkB
Fri Mar 27 2015, 08:44a.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

CURRENT RULES
13.4 - Any Veteran player whose contract has not expired must be protected or cut with a salary cap penalty unless they played in no more than three games as noted in Rule 14.14b.

14.14 - An owner may only release a player under contract if:
a. The team pays a fine equaling half of the player's salary over the life of his contract (Payable and deducted from the cap at the next draft). For example, a player with two years remaining on his contract for 4 million and 5 million, can be released by paying a 4.5 million fine.
b. The player may be released without fine if the player played in no more than 3 NFL games in the prior season.

PROPOSED RULE CHANGES:
13.4 - Any Veteran player whose contract has not expired must be protected or cut with a salary cap penalty unless the player's Durability rating is two ("2") or less as noted in Rule 14.14b.

14.14b. The player may be released without fine if the player's Durability rating is two ("2") or less.

PURPOSE OF THE CHANGE:
Makes it easier for league officials so they do not have to look up actual player stats to figure out if an injured player played in "no more than 3 NFL games", and is therefore eligible to be released, since Action PC does not include actual games played in a player's profile.

Playing in 3 of 16 games = 18.75% which in the game is rounded to 20% and results in a Durability rating of "2" for the player.

[ Edited Fri Mar 27 2015, 09:07a.m. ]
Salem
Fri Mar 27 2015, 02:09p.m.
Registered Member #25

It is a good idea, but it won't work. Matt Barkley played in 1 game and has a durability rating of 10.
MarkB
Fri Mar 27 2015, 04:47p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

I am OK with leaving the rule as is if that is what we want. I was simply trying to make it easier on Jerry and I to verify a player's eligibility for I.R.

But is does bring up another question..... Is the current KRFL "Injured Reserve" rule meant to be more than "Injured Reserve" and also to include a list of players who can be protected by the KRFL team even though they were not actually injured, they were simply not on a NFL team's active game roster for more than three games during the season?

If yes, then a player like Barkley would be allowed to be put on "Injured Reserve" list, the proposed rule change will not work, and we should change the designation to something else ("Practice Squad"?) since it is more than "Injured Reserve".

If no, and so the KRFL Injured Reserve is meant to be a true Injured Reserve list for Rookie players who got hurt and were active for three games or less, then a player like Barkley would not be eligible because his failure to play in games was not due to being injured.

My proposal would have the effect of changing the current definition of "injured reserve" and require that the player was actually injured before he could be designated as an I.R. player.

[ Edited Fri Mar 27 2015, 05:42p.m. ]
Hawks
Sun Mar 29 2015, 07:44p.m.

I like this rule the way it is and wouldn’t want to change it as it always seemed reasonable to me. Usually when teams make player cuts they self-identify players who played less than four regular season games. I don't know if that has been a problem for Jerry, he would have to comment on that.

KRFL does use the term “Injured Reserve” to also include practice of retaining rookies who did not play in the regular season. The team could retain them, but be liable for their salary.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF