QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DRAFT SOFTWARE << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: noodles, MarkB
Author Post
noodles
Fri May 16 2014, 11:43a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Alternatively, you could set it to 50 and just go to page two, etc.
Eagles
Fri May 16 2014, 12:09p.m.
Registered Member #11

Tenders: I noticed one tender was listed under this tab (Maynard (P) I think it was. Will we be placing our tenders here or will the Commish? I guess I'm wondering, how will that work in this process? I don't see a plce for us to "Add Tender". Thanks.
noodles
Fri May 16 2014, 12:21p.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

2. Submitting a Tender Offer
Tender Offers must be submitted by email to the Commissioner and the Finance Officer (Mark Blume) before the conclusion of drafting on the previous day. The email should include the name of the player tendered, his position, your team name and the next day's round (salary tier) that your offer will be applied to. All Tender Offers are provisional because it is possible that another team will draft your tender offered player at a higher salary. Successful tenders will be processed after the day's draft concludes and prior to the next day's rounds and can be found listed under Tender Selections. Tendered players do not count as draft picks for the round in which they are tendered (ex. a team tendering a player in round five can still make their round five pick).

[ Edited Fri May 16 2014, 01:22p.m. ]
sjenk
Fri May 16 2014, 01:22p.m.
Registered Member #73

Clock remains an issue. Logged in at my pick time today and had already been skipped. I understand process of prioritizing picks, but should be able to manually select during your time window.
edm
Fri May 16 2014, 01:26p.m.

I received the text and email when I was on the clock. I turned off the auto pick during my turn and selected manual. Everything worked fine.
noodles
Fri May 16 2014, 02:10p.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

sjenk wrote ...

Clock remains an issue. Logged in at my pick time today and had already been skipped. I understand process of prioritizing picks, but should be able to manually select during your time window.

It's not ideal but it is what we have to work with. Here's what I wrote in the how to.

About Time Slots: A schedule of time slots will be published on the website but it is important to know that these time slots are only approximate. The software doesn't allow us to specifically state when you'll be on the clock because some teams will use the full time limit given to them, while others will pick quickly. (We're working on this for the next version of the software). For now, realize that you'll likely be on the clock before your scheduled selection time. The best way to deal with that is to either use the autopick option OR be able to monitor the draft a half hour or so ahead of your pick time OR enable email and SMS (texts to your cell phone) messages when you register to let you know when you're on the clock
edm
Sat May 17 2014, 12:40p.m.

We should have some rules on what to do if the draft starts going too fast. I could see a scenario where an owner gets skipped and misses the player they want before there window of time. I would pick fast if I thought there was a superior player on my draft board and not risk the wait if there is not a rule to stop me. Maybe we should set the Turn On Auto Pick options for a longer time period. Then have owners spread out equally in the draft to make sure the timing stays as scheduled. Think of it as six drafts of 4 teams. Each one is within an hour window if we are doing 15 minute per pick.
noodles
Sun May 18 2014, 02:22a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

Ed, Thanks for your thoughts. Amazingly enough, the tweaks made to the time schedule seemed to work very well in round two. We started the round fifteen minutes ahead of schedule because INV had already auto picked the night before (a problem we've already figured out how to avoid next time). That 15 minutes meant VAN was late to their time slot, but, for the rest of the round I think everyone was more or less on schedule. This won't be such an issue during the early rounds of the Free Agent draft because so few people make picks then for salary reasons. If it does become an issue in the later rounds, we can use your suggestion as a way to adjust. Now that we have the email and text notification system working to let everyone know when they're on the clock and the option of an auto pick queue, if everybody understands that their draft slot is a rough estimate (within a half hour) and not a guarantee, I think we're looking good.
Salem
Tue May 27 2014, 07:50p.m.
Registered Member #25

Does the next days round open up in the evening, or do we all have to wait until the early morning to start the next round?
MarkB
Tue May 27 2014, 08:19p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

You need to wait until the morning to give teams an opportunity to tender players before the next round begins in the morning.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF