Forums
KRFL :: Forums :: KRFL Forums :: 2014 League Business
Proposal #9 new owner termination rights << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: noodles, KRFL-BayCity, mark, MarkB
Author Post
KRFL-BayCity
Sat Apr 05 2014, 01:04p.m.
Registered Member #12

just remembered this one; always a topic at this time....

16.1 - New owners may terminate any player's contract without penalty during the off-season League Business period by a deadline set by the Commissioner.

I don't think a new owner should get a free pass on all bad contracts; every team gets stuck with bad ones every year.... I think we should limit the number of contracts they can terminate to a specific number, say 3, 5 or a # to be determined....
MarkB
Sat Apr 05 2014, 01:50p.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

I understand the rule and the proposal from both angles.

"every team gets stuck with bad ones {contracts} every year"
That is true. But for other teams, it is of their own doing. They were the owners who gave the player the contract. For the new teams, they were not the owner who gave out the contract.

I think the existing rule helps attack new owners for open teams. But I can certainly understand Jerry's argument. Although I must admit it did not factor into my joining the league mid-season last year. I am a new owner and will have at most one player contract I will want to void.

Perhaps we consider modify the existing rule to limit the number of player contracts a new owner can void rather than eliminating it entirely?
Hawks
Sat Apr 05 2014, 09:58p.m.

Why should the new owner inherit the screw-ups of the former owner? Let the new owner terminate as many contracts as they want so long as they keep 22 players. Give the new owner enough time, he'll have more than one overpaid, under-performing player.
Inverness
Sat Apr 05 2014, 11:25p.m.

Concur with the Hawks.
noodles
Sun Apr 06 2014, 01:39a.m.
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

I agree with the Hawks too.
MarkB
Sun Apr 06 2014, 08:41a.m.
Mark Blume

Registered Member #81

Hawks wrote ...

Why should the new owner inherit the screw-ups of the former owner? Let the new owner terminate as many contracts as they want so long as they keep 22 players. Give the new owner enough time, he'll have more than one overpaid, under-performing player.

I agree.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF